12th Annual Our Lady of Grace Parish Festival-Carnival
February 8 - 10, 2019
Each year, Our Lady of Grace Parish hosts an Annual Parish Festival and Carnival. We plan and organize a safe, family friendly event full of food, fun and fellowship with our parishioners and the entire Maricopa community and beyond.
This festival is the largest fund-raiser of Our Lady of Grace Church with the proceeds designated to our Building Fund, reducing our mortgage and planning future development of The Crossing.
As parishioners of Our Lady of Grace, we are committed to sharing our God-given talents for the good our parish. We are seeking volunteers to join our Festival Core Committee and help plan our Annual Parish Festival.
Below are two opportunities that we are looking to fill immediately. Throughout the year, we will anticipate additional opportunities for our parishioners to participate and share their stewardship gifts of time and talent.
If you are interested in one of these positions, please contact JoAnn Ortega at 520-251-1900.
Parking Lot Volunteer Leader Needed
Your duties are as follows:
- Review and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Evac Plan. In the case of an evacuation please review the route as indicated on the Evac Plan. There are 2 “assembly points” one in the North Parking Lot and one in the South (paved) parking lot. In the case of a "Lock Down" all gates are shut and no one will leave the Festival/Carnival area. No vehicles are to exit or enter the parking lot. In the case of an emergency you will be notified on the radio and announced over our PA system. Follow the last person out to the North Parking Lot.
- Radios are to be used in an emergency situation only. If you need to leave your area, please radio the volunteer booth (ex: Festival Gate North to volunteer booth, need to be relieved). If you are approached by a child with lost parents, please notify the volunteer booth and have the child remain with you; a staff member and/or police will meet you at the gate. If a parent approaches you regarding a lost child or other issues, please direct them to the First Aid Tent. If necessary, you will be instructed to go to a secured radio channel.
- Please keep a tally count of each person entering the gate using the counter and record the number hourly on the log sheet.
- NO PETS ARE ALLOWED, except for Service Animals.
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES OR COOLERS ARE ALLOWED. A bottle of water is okay.
Festival Raffle. Each ticket is $5.00. First Prize - $2,500, Second Prize - $1,000, Third Prize - $500, Fourth Prize - $300, Fifth Prize - $200, Sixth Prize - $100. The drawing will take place at our Festival on Sunday, February 10, 2019. All proceeds will go towards our Building Fund. Thank you for your support!
Raffle Ticket Sales Family Contest!
The family who sells the most raffle tickets will win a Family Festival Pack which includes four (4) all day Carnival Ride tickets and $25.00 worth of Festival Tickets to be used for food, drinks and games.
- Contest Rules:
- If you wish to participate in this contest, please complete the 'FAMILY CONTEST COUPON' available in the office.
- Sign out books of ten (10) raffle tickets after weekend Masses or in the parish office during the week.
- Print your first and last name on the back of all your ticket stubs (this will be used in tracking your sales, if we cannot read your name we cannot track your sales).
- Return ticket stubs and monies to representatives after weekend Masses or in the parish office during the week.
- Contest ends January 25, 2019. All tickets and monies need to be submitted on or before January 25, 2019.
- The winner will be announced at all the Masses of the weekend of January 26-27, 2019.