Religious Education 2017-2018
Registration Dates for Returning and NEW students at Parish Office:
|July 23, Sunday||9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.||New/Returning Students|
|July 25, Tuesday||4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||New/Returning Students|
|July 26, Wednesday||9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.||New/Returning Students|
What do I bring to Registration?
- Baptism Certificate - is required for all NEW students.
- Emergency Contact Information
- Working Email Address
- Tuition Payment - will be calculated at the time of registration and will include:
- Tuition for 2017-2018 School Year; Book Fee; Uniform T-shirt; and Sacramental Fee for first year First Communion and Confirmation students.
- Bring Working Credit Card or Canceled Check - We work with all of our families through Reoccurring Online Tuition Payment Plans. Please inquire at the time of registration.
Parent Orientation at the Church
You will receive your child's book, uniform shirt, Parent Handbook, Religious Education Calendar and all information on requirements for Sacraments.
|Monday Classes - August 28||6:30 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.|
|Tuesday Classes - August 29||6:30 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.|
|Wednesday Classes - August 30||6:30 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.|
We are in need of Catechists
for the upcoming 2017-2018 program year!
No experience necessary! Please call the RE Office for more information!
Tuesdays 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
August 29, 2017 to April 24, 2018
(2) Teachers for Catechism 3rd/4th Grade Class; and 4th/5th Grade Class.
(2) Co-Teachers: First Communion (Y2) - 4th Grade Class; Catechism - 3rd/4th Grade Class; and 4th/5th Grade Class.
Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. to 7:45 p.m.
August 30, 2017 to March 21, 2018
(3) Teachers: First communion (Y1) - 1st Grade Class; 2nd Grade Class; Catechism - 3rd/4th Grade Class; and 4th /5th Grade Class (5) Co-Teachers: First Communion (Y1) - (2) 1st Grade Classes; 2nd Grade Class; 5th/6th Grade Class; Catechism 3rd/4th Grade Class.
First Communion Preparation
This is a 2-year program that begins in 1st Grade.
First Communion Classes are available from 1st Grade through High School.
This is a 2-year program and begins in 7th Grade through High School.
Prerequisite: Must have been enrolled in Religious Education the year prior to entering the Confirmation Program.
Pre-Confirmation Classes begin in 6th Grade.
Students who have not continued with their Religious Education after making their First Communion will be enrolled in our Pre-Confirmation Classes prior to entering our Confirmation Program.
All Students entering in the 6th Grade will begin with Pre-Confirmation.
Continuing Religious Education
3rd Grade to 5th Grade Catechism — Religious Formation continues after receiving the Sacrament of First Holy Communion. These classes are designed to help enhance the teachings of the Church and continue studying the Word of God. Classes are held on Tuesdays/Wednesdays from 6:30 pm to 7:45 p.m.
High School Faith Formation - This program is open to all High School students. This program will take you on a journey through the entire Catholic faith in all its richness and vitality. You will be captivated by the story, from Creation all the way through salvation history and you will come to see how the sacraments, prayer and discipleship are keys to a happy life. Meet Sundays at 7:00 p.m.
Religious Education Classes Begin
Confirmation/Year 1 & 2, Pre-Confirmation Classes (Mondays)
Orientation for Parents/Students: August 14, 2017
First Communion/Year 1, and 3rd Grade to 5th Grade Catechism (Wednesdays)
Orientation for Parents/Students: August 30, 2017
First Communion/Year 2, and 3rd Grade to 5th Grade Catechism (Tuesdays
Orientation for Parents/Students: August 29, 2017
High School Faith Formation — Sunday, September 10, 2017
Kindergarten Faith Formation — Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Adult Confirmation Class
Adult Confirmation classes will begin on Tuesday, September 5th at 7:00 p.m. in the parish office. Please call the Religious Education Office at 520-568-4605 to register.
Clases de Confirmación
Clases de Confirmación de adultos empezarán el martes, 5 de septiembre a as 7:00 p.m. en la oficina parroquial. Por favor llame a la oficina de Educación Religiosa en 520-568-4605 para registrarse.
Religious Education Policy Forms:
Code of Conduct:
All volunteers for our Religious Education Program are required by Diocese of Tucson Policy to review the Code of Conduct policy and to be willing to abide by its guidelines before exercising any ministry or volunteer position.